The main areas of research at the Chair of Plastics Technology include additive manufacturing – jet melting, new materials and material properties, processing, joining technology and tribology as well as several cross-sectional topics. The research of the chair is significantly supported by national and international research institutions as well as various industrial companies.
Click on one of our research areas for more information:
- Powder Materials
- Process Analysis / Simulation
- Quality Management
- Medical Rapid Prototyping
Head of Department: Sandra Greiner, M.Sc.
New Materials and Material Properties
Head of Department: Benedikt Roth, M.Sc.
- Polymer Bonded Magnets
- Plastic / Metal Hybrid Technology
- Plastics in Optical Systems
- Electrical Properties
- 3D-MID / Film Technology
- Powder Injection Molding
- Assembly Injection Molding
- Thin-Wall and Micro Technology
- Thermoset Compounding and Processing
- Rotational Molding
Head of Department: Uta Rösel, M.Sc.
Joining Technology and Tribology
Head of Department: Michael Wolf, M.Sc.
- Filler Material Compounding / Adhesion and Impregnation
- Simulation of Processing and Applications
- Radiation Cross-linked Thermoplastics
- Gentle Processing
- Plastics in Construction and Medical Applications
- Long-Term Properties
- Failure Analysis
- Material Selection