The institute’s main areas of research comprise Additive Manufacturing, Lightweight Design and FRP, Materials and Processing, Joining Technology and Tribology as well as several overlapping topics.
The institutes research is mainly funded by the DFG, the BMBF, the AiF, bavarian research Institutions and various industrial companies.
Click on one of our research areas for more information:
New Materials and Material Properties
- Polymer Bonded Magnets
- Plastic / Metal Hybrid Technology
- Plastics in Optical Systems
- Electrical Properties
- 3D-MID / Film Technology
- Powder Injection Molding
- Assembly Injection Molding
- Thin-Wall and Micro Technology
- Thermoset Compounding and Processing
- Rotational Molding
Head of Department: Uta Rösel, M.Sc.
Joining Technology and Tribology
- Filler Material Compounding / Adhesion and Impregnation
- Simulation of Processing and Applications
- Radiation Cross-linked Thermoplastics
- Gentle Processing
- Plastics in Construction and Medical Applications
- Long-Term Properties
- Failure Analysis
- Material Selection